Saturday, September 18, 2010

Chinese Night

Just came back from the Chinese Night host by Vickery House. Nothing much that's interesting, I left half-way. Well, it's free, so okay I guess.. XD

Started with 3 bottle of soft drinks and a big tank of syrup, soft drinks aren't meant for me, the syrup is red and way too sweet, why can't they just serve mineral water instead, I'm so thirsty.. :P

Next is prawn crackers, is it prawn? I dunno.. hehe.. as expected since they always have crackers serve in every occasion. XD Then there's small pau, the cheap frozen one that you can find in most chinese stores(I'm so bad.. :P), the one that we usually steam but they cook it in the oven instead. No steamer I guess? or they're just saving time? Anyway, they're gone pretty fast, the red-bean filling pau taste quite okay, so yeah..

We gotta queue for the main dishes, so I choose the quick way and went for the vegetarian one instead. Simple, just rice and vege in soy sauce (I think it's bak-choy, but I'm not sure), suit my taste since you don't need to be a good cook to cook them right, they taste that way and will never change. Haha!! Ling Ling and Wai Hang queue for the normal meal. Thank goodness I didn't go for the normal dishes, there's capsicum in both fried mee and fried bee hoon!! I hate those!! XD

Movie is next on the schedule, Shanghai Noon, starring Jackie Chan. I think I watch it before as my parents practically follow most Jackie Chan movie, but I can't remember the plot. So I stay and watch for a while while Ling Ling and Wai Hang went back home to study, honestly I'm just to lazy to study.. XD

They later serve ice-cream during the movie, Coles brand strawberry flavour if I'm not mistaken, I didn't try as the queue's starting again and I have Bulla cookies and cream in my fridge! ^^ I went back around that time, just can't stand hanging in there without any water, maybe I'm a fish in my previous life, haha.. *lol*

So, that's the end of my Chinese Night. Conclusion? My mum home-cooking Chinese food is always the best!! *scream* :D

Post a Comment